We are always looking for highly skilled and motivated individuals to join our growing and diverse team. You can browse our current openings below and submit your CV to email@example.com (no agencies)
Software Design are an established team of professional, talented, experienced, enthusiastic and friendly designers, developers, engineers, technologists, who are passionate about software and technology. As a company and a team, we’re collectively focussed on delivering exceptional, high quality results for our clients. We believe in a process of continuous improvement and review.
We apply this to everything we do, from our internal procedures, processes and development methodologies to how we add value and engage with our customers. Working with Software Design will give you the opportunity to work with, and learn from, genuinely passionate and driven individuals who are committed to the delivery of high end software to our clients.
We are looking for an experienced WordPress developer to join our friendly and hardworking team. You’ll be enthusiastic with a positive attitude; dedication and willingness to work hard, sometimes under high production pressure.
About the Role
- Build websites, prototypes and applications using the latest frontend technologies
- Providing timely resolution to reported problems with existing websites.
- Working closely with both the design and project resources to achieve the best possible results in web projects from conception right through to delivery.
- Ensuring all work adheres to current industry best practice.
- Self motivated, goal oriented and able to work in a team environment.
- Use common sense at all times and pay close attention to detail.
- Committed, enthusiastic, sincere, trustworthy and conscientious.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively interface with all levels and departments on a formal, informal, written and verbal basis
- Extensive knowledge and experience of building WordPress sites using the best practice & de facto standard plugins
- Experience working with WordPress at a PHP
- Knowledge of existing inbuilt WordPress functions.
- Creation of custom post types.
- Creation of plugins/widgets written to conform with WordPress coding standards
- Creation of clean, logical, well documented and reusable code.
- Theme/template integration.
- Knowledge of WordPress Network (Multisite) beneficial.
- Experience creating multilingual websites.
- Good understanding of cross platform and cross browser issues.
- Experience with creating responsive websites.
- Use of jQuery / AJAX / Prototype
- Experience with Git a plus.